We have gone virtual for all our events! Events will be available through Google Hangouts Meet, which means anyone can participate from any location. To attend, please register–this helps us manage the size for each event and make sure those interested receive the Hangouts Meet link. Thanks in advance for adjusting to this change in format.
- 4/1 @ 8-9 am MDT – First Friday Coffee
- BYOCoffee! The perfect opportunity to connect with fellow DWN members. We’ll assign you to a small Google Hangouts session, so please register here.
- 4/14 @ 4-5 pm MDT – Leadership Networking Series with Kathy Schneider, SVP of Customer Service
- We moved this upcoming event to a virtual experience! These small-group sessions allow members the opportunity to get to know leaders in a more informal gathering. Participation is limited to 12 individuals, so to reserve your spot, register here.
- DISH Resources
- DISH training teams have developed resources and webinars to support you while working remotely. You can register for courses and learn more here.
- Colorado Women’s Chamber of Commerce (CWCC)
- 3/31 @ 11-12 pm MDT: Building Influence: Financial Acumen
- 4/1 @ 2-3 pm MDT: Channeling Corporate Anxiety into Social Action
- 4/8 @ 2-3pm MDT: How to Add Value to Your Organization in Difficult Times
- CWCC has moved to virtual events with no registration fees during the COVID-19 pandemic. Find their full list of events here.
- LadyCoders’ Wise Women & Wine Wednesdays
- 4/1 @ 5-6:30 pm MDT (next event)
- Join this Denver-based group’s Meetups, which are currently virtual, to meet and network with women in tech every other Wednesday. Full event schedule here.
Support Your Community
- Thank those keeping essential operations running including, but not limited to: grocery store clerks, healthcare professionals, restaurant workers, mail carriers, truck drivers, and sanitation workers
- Order takeout or delivery from local restaurants to help them stay in business
- Donate blood
- Support high-risk individuals
- Check in with older neighbors, friends, and family
- Share how to order groceries via curbside pickup or delivery with neighbors, friends, and family
- Volunteer or donate to organizations connecting older individuals with shoppers:
- Volunteer or donate to relief organizations
WFH: Ideas to Keep Kids Busy
- Make a fort using cardboard boxes from your deliveries
- Make hopscotch in your living room with painters tape
- The classic: floor is lava
- Design a scavenger hunt, even one as simple as finding items that start with a specific alphabet letter
- Pipe cleaner crafts (inspiration here)
- Bake with them (inspiration here)
- Schedule virtual play dates
- Cosmic Kids Yoga
- Let Josh Gad (voice of Olaf) read your kids a story. He started a daily #GadBookClub on Twitter. Find a recent book reading here.
- Access free audiobooks for kids from Audible
- Virtual visits to zoos (Denver zoo is here), museums, and national parks
- Free online games and educational videos: Nat Geo Kids
- Free courses: Scholastic Learn at Home (grades K-9), Khan Academy (all learning levels)
Send us your ideas or photos!